- Entry date 11.03.2019 Condition Monitoring on Cranes: The Instrument for Predictive Maintenance!
- Entry date 11.03.2019 Practical Workshop Condition Monitoring on Gearboxes and Rolling Bearings
- Entry date 15.10.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on Wind Energy Denmark
- Entry date 31.07.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on China Wind Power, Beijing
- Entry date 14.07.2017 Condition monitoring for gearboxes on the HUSUM Wind 2017
Speed sensors either operate optically or inductively. Optical sensors are commonly used for offline measurements. Then, you usually need a reflection mark on the shaft. The passing of the reflection mark is registered by the sensor. Inductive sensors register the passing of metallic objects. This may be the screws of a coupling.
In general, the high-speed shaft is used for the speed detection of the drive. For order analysis, it is enough to detect the speed at least once per revolution. Therefore, one measurement point on the rotating shaft is sufficient.
A construction aid is needed to attach the speed sensor. This has to be customized for the drive.