- Entry date 05.07.2022 Analysis of the foundation movement on wind turbines
- Entry date 10.01.2022 Condition Monitoring at Maintenance Dortmund 2022
- Entry date 05.10.2021 Condition Monitoring at IN.STAND 2021 Increased availability through vibration diagnosis on mechanical drives The fact that defective drives...
- Entry date 30.08.2021 Condition monitoring at HUSUM Wind 2021 Advanced algorithms make drives even more reliable In the mid-1990s, the first machine diagnostic...
- Entry date 17.10.2019 The countdown is running! We look forward to your visit in Stuttgart!
Cranes are required for lots of applications. A sophisticated Condition Monitoring is not always profitable. However, for cranes, from which a complex production process directly depends, a monitoring is absolutely needed:
- Floating cranes with extremely high load capacity for special applications, or
- Cranes in foundries, or
- Cranes in steel- and roller mills, or
- Container cranes in ports.
The motors, the gears, the drum bearings, the bearings of the pulley and of course all drives and wheels of the crane travelling and the trolley travelling, are monitored. By condition monitoring, online or offline, irregularities can be detected at an early stage. Visual inspection, if necessary supplemented by endoscopy, can confirm the diagnosis. Heavy dynamic phenomena can often be described by a torque measurement.
CMS on a crane – a special task
All drives of cranes only run for short distance. A crane hook can only be driven from the bottom up or top-down. The trolley jib can run as far as the crane is wide, but no further. Therefore, the available time for data collection is limited, on the one hand. On the other hand, a long measurement time is required to ensure a good diagnosis quality. This task has been solved by the adaption of specific trigger algorithms.