- Entry date 15.10.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on Wind Energy Denmark
- Entry date 31.07.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on China Wind Power, Beijing
- Entry date 14.07.2017 Condition monitoring for gearboxes on the HUSUM Wind 2017
- Entry date 20.01.2017 Maintenance Dortmund 2017: Predictive maintenance for gearboxes
- Entry date 26.08.2016 Maintain 2017: Predictive maintenance for gearboxes At the Maintain 2016 in Munich, the GfM again presents a wide range of products for machine diagnostics...
maintenance Dortmund 2019
20.02.2019 - 21.02.2019
27th crane conference in Bochum
Seminar Condition Monitoring on gearboxes and roller bearings
07.05.2019 - 08.05.2019
10th VDI Conference Vibration in wind turbines
04.06.2019 - 05.06.2019
Cranes are required for lots of applications. A sophisticated Condition Monitoring is not always profitable. However, for cranes, from which a complex production process directly depends, a monitoring is absolutely needed:
- Floating cranes with extremely high load capacity for special applications, or
- Cranes in foundries, or
- Cranes in steel- and roller mills, or
- Container cranes in ports.
The motors, the gears, the drum bearings, the bearings of the pulley and of course all drives and wheels of the crane travelling and the trolley travelling, are monitored. By condition monitoring, online or offline, irregularities can be detected at an early stage. Visual inspection, if necessary supplemented by endoscopy, can confirm the diagnosis. Heavy dynamic phenomena can often be described by a torque measurement.
CMS on a crane – a special task
All drives of cranes only run for short distance. A crane hook can only be driven from the bottom up or top-down. The trolley jib can run as far as the crane is wide, but no further. Therefore, the available time for data collection is limited, on the one hand. On the other hand, a long measurement time is required to ensure a good diagnosis quality. This task has been solved by the adaption of specific trigger algorithms.