- Entry date 23.02.2021
- Entry date 01.04.2020 Tuning the availability for drivetrains of cement mills
- Entry date 22.01.2020 Our new catalogue is online!
- Entry date 17.10.2019 The countdown is running! We look forward to your visit in Stuttgart!
- Entry date 16.09.2019 Innovative News: PeakStore5 with balancing module
Wind Turbine Generators
Wind turbines are developed for an operating time of 20 years. Nevertheless, they are subject to specific loads, which are the reason, why some components of the drive train do not reach their life expectancy without any maintenance works. However, to generate good returns, it is important to implement a predictive maintenance.
Benefits of Condition Monitoring Systems
That´s why, condition monitoring systems are already a standard feature in wind turbines. So, it is possible to detect irregularities, in time:
- bearing damages and imbalance on the main bearing,
- damages on gears and bearings of the gearbox,
- damages on bearings and imbalance of the generator, and
- all alignment faults.
By Condition Monitoring, it is possible to detect damages even several months before reaching a critical state. In particular:
- Maintenance works, personnel and tools could be planned and organized in the long-term.
- Spare parts could be ordered in time.
- Repair times are kept very short and could be shifted to the low wind period.
The typical wind turbine configuration
Typically, two acceleration sensors are installed at the generator and five sensors are installed at the gearbox. Further sensors are installed at each rotor bearing.
At the high-speed shaft, the generator shaft, a speed sensor is installed, which supplies one impulse per revolution. For the application of the essentially required order analysis by resampling, this is sufficiently accurate.