- Entry date 05.07.2022 Analysis of the foundation movement on wind turbines
- Entry date 10.01.2022 Condition Monitoring at Maintenance Dortmund 2022
- Entry date 05.10.2021 Condition Monitoring at IN.STAND 2021 Increased availability through vibration diagnosis on mechanical drives The fact that defective drives...
- Entry date 30.08.2021 Condition monitoring at HUSUM Wind 2021 Advanced algorithms make drives even more reliable In the mid-1990s, the first machine diagnostic...
- Entry date 17.10.2019 The countdown is running! We look forward to your visit in Stuttgart!
Many drives and more rollers in a harsh environment, partially under unfavorable temperature conditions, are characteristic of rolling mills. If just one drive fails, production will be disturbed. The speed is often variable. Some systems run in reversing.
The optimal solution for securing a largely trouble-free operation is the monitoring by online condition monitoring systems. For engines, transmissions and pedestal bearings vibration diagnosis is advisable. Dynamic effects are determined at best by torque analysis.
However, offline measurements are suitable either for documentation of the state of a new plant and for mediating discrepancies between the supplier and the operator, or for checking damage states regularly.
Torque measurement at a ring rolling mill
In this specific case, the intention was to modify the product. It was unclear whether the plant sufficiently was dimensioned for it. There were no concrete values for the drive torques and above all for the dynamic components.
The application of a torque moment measurement point based on strain gages provided quickly the required information.