- Entry date 11.03.2019 Condition Monitoring on Cranes: The Instrument for Predictive Maintenance!
- Entry date 11.03.2019 Practical Workshop Condition Monitoring on Gearboxes and Rolling Bearings
- Entry date 15.10.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on Wind Energy Denmark
- Entry date 31.07.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on China Wind Power, Beijing
- Entry date 14.07.2017 Condition monitoring for gearboxes on the HUSUM Wind 2017
Many drives and more rollers in a harsh environment, partially under unfavorable temperature conditions, are characteristic of rolling mills. If just one drive fails, production will be disturbed. The speed is often variable. Some systems run in reversing.
The optimal solution for securing a largely trouble-free operation is the monitoring by online condition monitoring systems. For engines, transmissions and pedestal bearings vibration diagnosis is advisable. Dynamic effects are determined at best by torque analysis.
However, offline measurements are suitable either for documentation of the state of a new plant and for mediating discrepancies between the supplier and the operator, or for checking damage states regularly.
Torque measurement at a ring rolling mill
In this specific case, the intention was to modify the product. It was unclear whether the plant sufficiently was dimensioned for it. There were no concrete values for the drive torques and above all for the dynamic components.
The application of a torque moment measurement point based on strain gages provided quickly the required information.