- Entry date 23.02.2021
- Entry date 01.04.2020 Tuning the availability for drivetrains of cement mills
- Entry date 22.01.2020 Our new catalogue is online!
- Entry date 17.10.2019 The countdown is running! We look forward to your visit in Stuttgart!
- Entry date 16.09.2019 Innovative News: PeakStore5 with balancing module
Bucket-Wheel Excavators and Stackers in Surface Mines
In mines, there are impressive machines that do complex work under adverse climatic conditions. Bucket-wheel and bucket-chain excavators run with low speeds. Performance and speed as well are characterized by discontinuity due to the process. Conveyors are several kilometers long and overcome differences in height, leading to dynamic influences.
Although these machines are fully developed and tested, there occur problems as well. To detect arising damages on rolling bearings and gears the vibration diagnosis is suitable. This can be done by an offline measurement or by means of online condition monitoring systems.
Also completely unexpected problems can be quickly limited by using vibration measurements, if necessary in connection with torque analyzes. Therefor the GfM offers the service "Troubleshooting " as a product.
Measurement results at shutdown a bucket show
- The motor current goes rapidly to zero.
- The speed goes lower to zero.
- The torque includes a high frequency har-monic and achieves negative values several times, which indicates a commuting, therefore, a repeated load reversal.