- Entry date 11.03.2019 Condition Monitoring on Cranes: The Instrument for Predictive Maintenance!
- Entry date 11.03.2019 Practical Workshop Condition Monitoring on Gearboxes and Rolling Bearings
- Entry date 15.10.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on Wind Energy Denmark
- Entry date 31.07.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on China Wind Power, Beijing
- Entry date 14.07.2017 Condition monitoring for gearboxes on the HUSUM Wind 2017
Bucket-Wheel Excavators and Stackers in Surface Mines
In mines, there are impressive machines that do complex work under adverse climatic conditions. Bucket-wheel and bucket-chain excavators run with low speeds. Performance and speed as well are characterized by discontinuity due to the process. Conveyors are several kilometers long and overcome differences in height, leading to dynamic influences.
Although these machines are fully developed and tested, there occur problems as well. To detect arising damages on rolling bearings and gears the vibration diagnosis is suitable. This can be done by an offline measurement or by means of online condition monitoring systems.
Also completely unexpected problems can be quickly limited by using vibration measurements, if necessary in connection with torque analyzes. Therefor the GfM offers the service "Troubleshooting " as a product.
Measurement results at shutdown a bucket show
- The motor current goes rapidly to zero.
- The speed goes lower to zero.
- The torque includes a high frequency har-monic and achieves negative values several times, which indicates a commuting, therefore, a repeated load reversal.