- Entry date 11.03.2019 Condition Monitoring on Cranes: The Instrument for Predictive Maintenance!
- Entry date 11.03.2019 Practical Workshop Condition Monitoring on Gearboxes and Rolling Bearings
- Entry date 15.10.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on Wind Energy Denmark
- Entry date 31.07.2018 Integrated Condition Monitoring solutions on China Wind Power, Beijing
- Entry date 14.07.2017 Condition monitoring for gearboxes on the HUSUM Wind 2017
There is a variety of rotating rolls in paper machines. They ensure that the liquid raw mixture is transformed to dry paper between headbox and reeler. The rollers are rotating because of different motor-gear assemblies.
Even a defect on only one bearing can disrupt the production process considerably. In this case, the machine has to be stopped and later started up again. This is a fairly complex process. Therefore, the predictive maintenance is especially recommended for paper machines.
A modern Condition Monitoring with the Peakanalyzer provides a decisive contribution to a better machine capacity utilization and improved cost efficiency. But the periodic offline vibration diagnosis is often sufficient to avoid a large percentage of failures. In paper machines sometimes occurring rotational irregularities can be described very accurately by torque analysis and thus assign a cause.
CMS on a paper machine
The Peakanalyzer is ideally suited for monitoring the gearbox, in particular, but also for all motor- and roller bearings. The sensors are attached to the measuring points and usually connected by an junction box with the Peakanalyzer. The sensors of different Peakanalyzer are logically summarized in the software Peakanalyzer Manager and treated as a single condition monitoring system.
The speed is measured at the drives or can also be imported from a signal that is sent from the control center.