- Entry date 05.07.2022 Analysis of the foundation movement on wind turbines
- Entry date 10.01.2022 Condition Monitoring at Maintenance Dortmund 2022
- Entry date 05.10.2021 Condition Monitoring at IN.STAND 2021 Increased availability through vibration diagnosis on mechanical drives The fact that defective drives...
- Entry date 30.08.2021 Condition monitoring at HUSUM Wind 2021 Advanced algorithms make drives even more reliable In the mid-1990s, the first machine diagnostic...
- Entry date 17.10.2019 The countdown is running! We look forward to your visit in Stuttgart!
Automatic parameter monitoring
The monitoring of characteristic values and parameters has a long tradition. Already in the 60s the VDI guideline 2056 was created, which now was withdrawn. It served originally the assessment of the influence of vibrations of electrical machines on their foundations. Consequently the effective value of vibration velocity in the range of 10 up to 1000 Hertz is the supervised parameter.
Reminder: In the 60s, the detection of characteristic values was carried out mainly with analog technology up to visualization with hand instruments or measurement scribes which could draw a measured value to a paper web.
Today, characteristic values and parameters have still a certain importance for the machine monitoring. Although the frequency selective machine diagnosis is much more accurate and reliable. But it requires computation time. In contrast, the parameter monitoring enables extremely short reaction times.
For machine diagnostics the following characteristic values come into question:
- Effective value of vibration velocity
- Effective value of vibration acceleration
- Effective value of the envelope curve of the vibration acceleration.
Typically, one first stores reference values with which the later measurement values are compared. In this way, changes in the vibrational behavior can be extremely quickly recognize. Normally, the specific cause of anomalies cannot be derived from characteristics. However, this may be clarified by a subsequent frequency-selective diagnosis.
Typical applications for the monitoring of characteristic values are:
- Monitoring machine tools
- Test runs on test stands for the purpose of emergency shutdown
- End-of-line testing of serial products.