- Entry date 14.07.2017 Condition monitoring for gearboxes on the HUSUM Wind 2017
- Entry date 20.01.2017 Maintenance Dortmund 2017: Predictive maintenance for gearboxes
- Entry date 26.08.2016 Maintain 2017: Predictive maintenance for gearboxes At the Maintain 2016 in Munich, the GfM again presents a wide range of products for machine diagnostics...
- Entry date 17.08.2016 WindEnergy Hamburg 2016: PeakStore512 - Offline vibration diagnosis for wind turbines At the WindEnergy Hamburg 2016 GfM presents the offline vibration diagnostics system PeakStore512 for...
- Entry date 23.08.2012 GfM put into operation condition monitoring systems at HKM
5th Offshore Wind Days
26th Crane Symposium
Seminar Condition Monitoring on gearboxes and roller bearings
17.04.2018 - 18.04.2018
Conference Service Maintenance Operation 2018
16.05.2018 - 17.05.2018
Wind Turbine Generators
Wind turbines are developed for an operating time of 20 years. Nevertheless, they are subject to specific loads, which are the reason, why some components of the drive train do not reach their life expectancy without any maintenance works. However, to generate good returns, it is important to implement a predictive maintenance.
Benefits of Condition Monitoring Systems
That´s why, condition monitoring systems are already a standard feature in wind turbines. So, it is possible to detect irregularities, in time:
- bearing damages and imbalance on the main bearing,
- damages on gears and bearings of the gearbox,
- damages on bearings and imbalance of the generator, and
- all alignment faults.
By Condition Monitoring, it is possible to detect damages even several months before reaching a critical state. In particular:
- Maintenance works, personnel and tools could be planned and organized in the long-term.
- Spare parts could be ordered in time.
- Repair times are kept very short and could be shifted to the low wind period.
The typical wind turbine configuration
Typically, two acceleration sensors are installed at the generator and five sensors are installed at the gearbox. Further sensors are installed at each rotor bearing.
At the high-speed shaft, the generator shaft, a speed sensor is installed, which supplies one impulse per revolution. For the application of the essentially required order analysis by resampling, this is sufficiently accurate.