- Entry date 14.07.2017 Condition monitoring for gearboxes on the HUSUM Wind 2017
- Entry date 20.01.2017 Maintenance Dortmund 2017: Predictive maintenance for gearboxes
- Entry date 26.08.2016 Maintain 2017: Predictive maintenance for gearboxes At the Maintain 2016 in Munich, the GfM again presents a wide range of products for machine diagnostics...
- Entry date 17.08.2016 WindEnergy Hamburg 2016: PeakStore512 - Offline vibration diagnosis for wind turbines At the WindEnergy Hamburg 2016 GfM presents the offline vibration diagnostics system PeakStore512 for...
- Entry date 23.08.2012 GfM put into operation condition monitoring systems at HKM
Conference Service Maintenance Operation 2018
16.05.2018 - 17.05.2018
9th VDI Conference Vibration of wind turbines
12.06.2018 - 13.06.2018
Seminar Condition Monitoring on gearboxes and roller bearings
11.09.2018 - 12.09.2018
Fair WindEnergy Hamburg
25.09.2018 - 28.09.2018
Many drives and more rollers in a harsh environment, partially under unfavorable temperature conditions, are characteristic of rolling mills. If just one drive fails, production will be disturbed. The speed is often variable. Some systems run in reversing.
The optimal solution for securing a largely trouble-free operation is the monitoring by online condition monitoring systems. For engines, transmissions and pedestal bearings vibration diagnosis is advisable. Dynamic effects are determined at best by torque analysis.
However, offline measurements are suitable either for documentation of the state of a new plant and for mediating discrepancies between the supplier and the operator, or for checking damage states regularly.
Torque measurement at a ring rolling mill
In this specific case, the intention was to modify the product. It was unclear whether the plant sufficiently was dimensioned for it. There were no concrete values for the drive torques and above all for the dynamic components.
The application of a torque moment measurement point based on strain gages provided quickly the required information.