- Entry date 23.02.2021
- Entry date 01.04.2020 Tuning the availability for drivetrains of cement mills
- Entry date 22.01.2020 Our new catalogue is online!
- Entry date 17.10.2019 The countdown is running! We look forward to your visit in Stuttgart!
- Entry date 16.09.2019 Innovative News: PeakStore5 with balancing module
Offline Vibration Diagnosis of Drive Trains
It´s very simple: We come to you, install a few sensors at the drive and start data collection. The recorded signals were stored and afterwards, spectra and envelope spectra were formed. These spectra were analyzed with respect to irregularities. The results are summarized in a report.
Of course, you can also perform the data collection by yourself. For this, you need the up tp 12-channel data collector PeakStore.
The drive should have it´s normal operating temperature and run under representative conditions. During the data collection, the speed may vary, but it has to be measured. Instable speeds are no problem, because they are compensated by using the order analysis.
Process of Offline Vibration Diagnosis:
- mounting of acceleration sensors nearby the bearings by means of permanent magnets
- installation of a speed sensor at the high speed shaft
- start data collection
- data analysis in the GfM office and preparation of a diagnosis report
If there is a damage on the bearing race, for example pitting, it will be overrun by the rolling elements over and over again. Every single overrolling produces a force peak.
In case of very little damages, which are in the early stage of their development, the emitted energy is low. It is not possible to identify them by hearing. Using acceleration sensors, it is possible to measure the emitted vibrations, reliably.
The proof of these low-energy force peaks is possible in the envelope spectra. In some cases, bearing damages could be identified more than twelve months before their final breakdown.
If a tooth is not fully loaded at one gear stage, the following tooth has to absorb the transmitted energy. A force pulse is generated. This is a local damage of the gearing. It can be detected in the spectra of the vibration signal.
Also damages of the entire pinion or of the entire wheel are detectable, reliably.
The diagnosis report contains all measurement results and all boundary conditions, as long as they are relevant for understanding. On the one hand, the diagnosis report gives an overview about the diagnosis results. On the other hand, the report is detailled enough, to form the basis for further questions.
The results are summarized in a table. We provide charts for every diagnosis result. So our customer is able to understand the background of the interpretation.
Of course, we also provide the digital raw data, because transparency is the basis of every honest business relationship.
Contents of the Diagnosis Report
- administrative information
- a short description of the initial situation, if it is relevant for understanding
- a formulated overall rating
- the diagnostic results in tabular form with recommendations for action
- spectra, that are relevant for understanding the results
- kinematic data in tabular form
The GfM focuses on machine diagnostic services based on internationally published knowledge as well as on its own further research results. The analysis of vibrations is based on extremely high-resolution time signals by frequency analysis and order analysis. Partially the diagnosis is automated by applying the significance analysis.
Partly the machine diagnosis is written down in standards. These essentially include:
DIN ISO 10816
DIN ISO 3945
DIN ISO 5348
DIN ISO 7919
DIN ISO 10817
DIN ISO 13373
DIN ISO 21940
DIN EN 60034
GfM is guided by these standards or technically better procedures. All diagnosticians of the GfM fulfill the requirements according to DIN 18436 category III. In addition, GfM is certified according to DIN ISO 9001. The online systems of GfM are tested according to AZT requirements for CMS for windturbines 2003.