- Entry date 14.07.2017 Condition monitoring for gearboxes on the HUSUM Wind 2017
- Entry date 20.01.2017 Maintenance Dortmund 2017: Predictive maintenance for gearboxes
- Entry date 26.08.2016 Maintain 2017: Predictive maintenance for gearboxes At the Maintain 2016 in Munich, the GfM again presents a wide range of products for machine diagnostics...
- Entry date 17.08.2016 WindEnergy Hamburg 2016: PeakStore512 - Offline vibration diagnosis for wind turbines At the WindEnergy Hamburg 2016 GfM presents the offline vibration diagnostics system PeakStore512 for...
- Entry date 23.08.2012 GfM put into operation condition monitoring systems at HKM
5th Offshore Wind Days
26th Crane Symposium
Seminar Condition Monitoring on gearboxes and roller bearings
17.04.2018 - 18.04.2018
Conference Service Maintenance Operation 2018
16.05.2018 - 17.05.2018
Offline Vibration Diagnosis of Drive Trains
It´s very simple: We come to you, install a few sensors at the drive and start data collection. The recorded signals were stored and afterwards, spectra and envelope spectra were formed. These spectra were analyzed with respect to irregularities. The results are summarized in a report.
Of course, you can also perform the data collection by yourself. For this, you need the up tp 12-channel data collector PeakStore.
The drive should have it´s normal operating temperature and run under representative conditions. During the data collection, the speed may vary, but it has to be measured. Instable speeds are no problem, because they are compensated by using the order analysis.
Process of Offline Vibration Diagnosis:
- mounting of acceleration sensors nearby the bearings by means of permanent magnets
- installation of a speed sensor at the high speed shaft
- start data collection
- data analysis in the GfM office and preparation of a diagnosis report
If there is a damage on the bearing race, for example pitting, it will be overrun by the rolling elements over and over again. Every single overrolling produces a force peak.
In case of very little damages, which are in the early stage of their development, the emitted energy is low. It is not possible to identify them by hearing. Using acceleration sensors, it is possible to measure the emitted vibrations, reliably.
The proof of these low-energy force peaks is possible in the envelope spectra. In some cases, bearing damages could be identified more than twelve months before their final breakdown.
If a tooth is not fully loaded at one gear stage, the following tooth has to absorb the transmitted energy. A force pulse is generated. This is a local damage of the gearing. It can be detected in the spectra of the vibration signal.
Also damages of the entire pinion or of the entire wheel are detectable, reliably.
The diagnosis report contains all measurement results and all boundary conditions, as long as they are relevant for understanding. On the one hand, the diagnosis report gives an overview about the diagnosis results. On the other hand, the report is detailled enough, to form the basis for further questions.
The results are summarized in a table. We provide charts for every diagnosis result. So our customer is able to understand the background of the interpretation.
Of course, we also provide the digital raw data, because transparency is the basis of every honest business relationship.
Contents of the Diagnosis Report
- administrative information
- a short description of the initial situation, if it is relevant for understanding
- a formulated overall rating
- the diagnostic results in tabular form with recommendations for action
- spectra, that are relevant for understanding the results
- kinematic data in tabular form